Archive for the tag "art"
- Looking for a lifestream plugin for WP that’ll pull my twits etc. into the db, which I’m currently doing by hand. Most of them just cache. #
- @jennatar: That’s one of the ones I’m looking at, yep. :-) Also WP-Autoblog & WP-o-Matic #
- @jennatar: works for me in GReader. #
- @jennatar: the url google decided to use is like so: http://tinyurl.com/2l6wn7 #
- @jennatar: view source? perhaps your browser isn’t set up to directly view rss feeds #
- @jennatar: How come I can see it then? maybe run it through a validator #
- No progress on the lifestreaming thing, but I do have nicer pagination! I’m going with a lateral approach, heheh. #
- Can raccoons open windows? Because one is trying to do that right now, dammit. #
- I have a new friend who’s a fabulously talented mosaic artist. Check it out. http://flickr.com/photos/ca… #
- If I change you from a Flickr friend to a contact, don’t take it personally. I just don’t want your boring-ass pics to show in my feed. :-P #
- “The Great Divide” by Perio. Album of the year! http://www.myspace.com/periomusic #
- Fridgewatcher (via Imponderables)
- Wondermark #366: In which Mark faces Denial
- Bears in ill-fitting hats
My pal Davina Pallone, the gal who did the artwork for my Demos album, has a lovely new website up… it’s still under construction but you can take a look at a few of her amazing paintings. Your web browser cannot really convey the HUGENESS of her work in person but it’s a good start. :-) It’ll be neat later on when she posts more of her drawings and photos and gallery stuff; girlfriend’s done some pretty ambitious installations.
I dreamed that a guy named NATHAN GRABOWSKI (that’s right, NATHAN GRABOWSKI) did a big coffee-table book of photography on me. Well, kind of… it was about half photos of me and half trippy nature photos. I was looking at the book in my dream and I remembered that the guy had followed me around for a day wandering around the beach, in the woods etc. He wasn’t a hipster guy but more like a rumpley-coat sports photographer or something. He took kickass pictures though.
I just Googled him, and no luck. I have no idea how I came up with that name. I want my own art book, just like Madonna!! Oh pardon me, Esther.
John got me out of the house today and took me to see an art exhibit down in Pilsen. We went there to see Frida Kahlo paintings but ended up seeing a lot more too. I was really stunned, I had never paid attention to her stuff before. A couple of them brought tears to my eyes and I couldn’t even tell you why. We saw this one and this one and this one, but the one that I loved the most was this. My favorite Diego painting was this one. So beautiful. But I gotta say, these web-pictures don’t do the real things justice at ALL. You gotta see them in real life.