- Been doing more data entry work for Drag City. Me: “I worked 2 hours and 45 minutes today!” Wil: “You must be exhausted.” Heh. It’s true. #
Archive for the tag "drag city"
- The song is recorded, ::whew:: I think we all (w’all?) did a great job but we’ll see what DC thinks. I really really hope they can use it! #
- Recording tomorrow @ Myles Boisen’s, w/ Wil on upright, Lucio guitar, me & Val & Heather singing. One song live in the studio for Drag City! #
- I’m stealing Pajo’s shopping cart like a thief in the night! He won’t care, he stole it from Drag City anyway. And it’s for the Common Good. #
- GAAKKK!! I swallowed a hair in my food and just about hurled. Don’t know if it was *my* hair. Don’t want to know. #
- My “E-Store” is live! It’s a little ugly, I need nicer icons. But it works. Buy some stuff! http://edithfrost.com/store/ #
Hello, how are y’all? Feels like I just posted that show-cancellation notice yesterday, I guess I just slept through that whole time since then. And whoo-hoo, I’m almost caught up with my backlogged All My Children’s! Yep. Productivity. But yeah, I’ve been a good girl, I’ve stayed very very quiet since the weekend and only left the house a few times (very quietly). I don’t want to test it out too much but the voice seems a bit better, squeakin’ out about four or five more notes that I had this weekend, so that’s good. I’ve never gotten too scientific about it but I’m pretty sure my normal range is about 2 good octaves… I’m up to about 1-1/2 octaves now I think (squeaking at least), which isn’t bad considering I sounded like frickin’ Harvey Fierstein one week ago.
I have some really great news. Soon… I’m not sure exactly how soon, but within the next couple of months for sure… all my recordings are going to be available as downloads from the iTunes Music Store. Including two that have been out of print for years — the Edith Frost 4-song EP and the Ancestors single. I think most if not all of the Drag City catalog is gonna be up there. I’ll let y’all know when it happens, I’m very excited about this!!
We had fun at the Drag City party. I got to sing backups for Bonnie Prince Billy!! That was so cool. He played two songs but I didn’t know the second one so I laid out for that. It was soooo packed in there. At midnight I was running around the crowd trying to find John while everybody else was kissing and hugging each other all around me. One minute later I found him so we did the 12:01 kiss, oh well, same diff. We didn’t stay very long after that; the Scene Creamers were playing when we bolted around 1. I didn’t have the nerve to take any pictures, but I should have. I’m out of the habit; I didn’t take a single picture when we were down in Texas either!
I found Muze listed at FuckedCompany.com, that’s another place I used to work ten years ago. There was always a lot of controversy there between the workers and management, so I wasn’t surprised to see people had complained about it. But despite all that, we had a super excellent team back then, and I made more lasting friendships there than almost anywhere else I’ve worked. One guy who commented on FC actually listed the nicknames of our whole ’93 crew and even gave me a personal shout-out!! I mean, as one of the NICE people, as opposed to somebody he’d complain about. I know who it was, too, and I feel the same way about him, and everyone he listed.