- Awesome! tab in textarea. Tabinta! #
- I’m in the back. A squirrel comes RUSHING by with a bunch of leaves in his mouth. Like, HAI IM ON SECRIT MISHIN W/ KLASIFYED MATEERIALZ!! #
- Re: future posts in WP. The mindset is so different from EE, should be our choice. WP ppl get all huffy about it. #
- Comment posted to WP Support » Replacing widget titles with images:
“I really want to do this too; my solution is the ugliest hack. O somebody wise, please write us a plugin!”
- I am stricken with farty-cramps. :-( #
- Morning Recordings “The Welcome Kinetic” comes out tomorrow, it’s super good! I’ll be posting about it, just fixing up the links & jpgs now. #
- Is it “hoodie” or “hoody”? I keep spelling it hoodie, but now I’m thinking that’s wrong. I feel like 85 years old right now. #
Archive for the tag "expressionengine"
- We’re down to the emergency coffee. Tastes like pond water but at least it’s coffee. #
- I had to reset my Twitter icon & (default) design, just like @zeldman was talking about. Weird. #
- OK, I admit I’m moving my site to WP, I’m almost ready to flip the switch. Still love EE tho, and happy to endorse it. It’s… just because. #
- Aw man, I just ran a gnarly MySQL query on my blog db, only barely knowing what I’m doing. Amazingly enough it appears I did not fuck it up. #
- Ohhhh I think I’m just about to go live with the new WP blog #
- I’m buzzing and shaking! Been working too too hard on this. Oh and it’s gone live btw, for better or for worse. Gotta dig into htaccess now. #
- @xenijardin: once I was recording at the same time as CT (different rooms) and I got to place my hand upon the case of the 4-neck guitar… #
- WordPress › Blog Tool and Weblog Platform
- WordPress › Extend › Plugins
- Twitter Tools plugin and WordPress 2.3
- Advanced Tag Entry WordPress Plugin
- WordPress Widget Wizardry
- Testing how importing works from EE to WP, I found a buttload of uncategorized posts that I had to fix. EE makes it easy, but WP? I dunno… #
- Nice to see such a dizzying array of bugly WP themes. Like always I guess I’d just pick one with the right layout, then hack it to pieces. #
- Heh! 1Passwd has revealed to me that at some point I changed a certain password to "*******". Literally! Fucked up the cut’n'paste I guess. #
- SIGH… I’m about to kick the Auranauts off my poor beleaguered website, and onto a Google Group I just created. Please wish us all godspeed #
- Holy crap, the Chicago Reader got bought out and my friend Sheila Sachs is getting the boot after TWENTY-TWO YEARS as art director! UUUGGGH. #
- Dang, my NPR puzzle answer was wrong! Or, not exactly wrong, just too obscure. Naturally, my idea of “famous” is very different from theirs! #
- This week’s puzzle is TOO EASY! And, I just saw three lil’ raccoon babies, cute as they could be, staring curiously as mama hustled ‘em by. #
- Goo-dammit. The top search query for my site is “scintillating scotoma”, not “edith frost” which is number f’n TWO. I oughta go back to bed. #
- This is the best: Twitterrific notifying Growl using Chat Bubble style, and “Stay On Screen” set to “Always”. Read tweet, and close. Love it. #
- Anybody know if there’s a key combo to insert a carriage return into an MP3′s comment in iTunes “Get info”? Other than cutting and pasting. #
- Oh god I’m playing with WordPress. Feels very much like I’m sneaking around behind ExpressionEngine’s back. :-o #
- @beep: SSSSSHHHH. I’m just playin’, not switchin’! err… right now… ‘cuz I’ve been wanting to check it out. Seriously invested in EE tho. #
- $59.99 for 450 minutes AND UNLIMITED DATA!! ::pant pant:: #
- Playing with the Twitter Timeline plugin for ExpressionEngine. Gonna cache that shit on my own server. #
- Me and Jodie have the same birthday! Weird. http://www.djovida.com/jodie/ #
- Another day, another EE build to upload (not that I have to) #
- Playing with my EE templates using Coda’s live preview and a tricky little htaccess URL rewrite #
Hi friends! I know, it’s been almost a year since I moved to California and I’ve barely posted anything in my blog other than show announcements and other self-promotion. Truth is I’m sick of my website, I want to wreck it and start over with a different layout. I want to make it less confusing and more user-friendly for first-time visitors. I want to simplify the front page, make my basic info and discography a lot more front-n-center, and provide more-noticeable links to my pages at MySpace, Drag City etc. I want to move the messy blog stuff to its own set of sub-pages so I won’t feel like I’m cluttering everything up with my drivel. I want to figure out a way to better integrate all the content I’m making elsewhere on the web — Flickr photos, Twitter postings, del.icio.us links etc. So this is what’s going through my head in regards to my website. Sick of it!!
This’ll be a busy month for me traveling-wise. I’m going out to California for a little visit, that’s coming up real soon here, then later in the month I’m going to Yellowstone! With my dad and his wife, and one of my nephews, who’s 11 years old. I’m so excited. The Cali trip is all about the chillin’ and hanging out with friends, and the Yellowstone trip is about spending time with family, and taking pictures of nature-y things. I’m such a city gal, it’s pretty crazy to imagine myself out in the middle of all that… just miles and miles of dirt and cactus and stuff. Hee!! I have no idea what it’s like, I’ve never done nothin’ like that. So I’m very psyched. And rumor has it I’ll have at least some internet access for my laptop. And another cool thing is that my dad’s gonna loan me his spare digital camera for that trip. It’s a way WAY better camera than the one I’ve got, and you know I’m a gadget freak so I’m going to want to fiddle with that thing as much as I can. So you can definitely expect lots of action on my Flickr this summer!
My weblogging software ExpressionEngine just got a major upgrade, so I’ve got a long night ahead of me. It’s going to take an hour just to read the changelog! I’ll start upgrading my install later this evening — I’ll have to switch off the site temporarily, so you’ll be seeing the skater picture for awhile. I’ll post a comment to this post when I’m done wiping up the grease in the ol’ engine room.
Sorry I’ve been so quiet, I’ve been swamped with stuff to do, getting ready to leave for the tour next Friday. Lotta rehearsing, lotta errand-running, lotta interviews and press-related stuff. I’ll be so happy once we’re finally out on the road and not worrying about the preparatory crap! Oh by the way, we’re still trying to scope out potential crash-pads in certain cities along the way, so if you have any bright ideas about that, gimme a holler. I won’t sleep in your bed with you though, sorry. Heh.
Finally chained myself to the machine long enough to do the upgrade to ExpressionEngine 1.1. I applied to beta-test the thing weeks ago but never got around to actually installing those betas — oh well, I thought I’d have more time but I didn’t, and it’s okay, they got more than enough feedback from the folks who weren’t lazy-ass lying good-for-nothin’ file-hogs.
So yeah, it’s done and Matthew HAY-yulped. He would say "I didn’t do anything!!" but that’s not true; we had a chat running the whole time which kept me awake and concentrating. It was good. I was comparing, comparing, uploading and saying stuff like "huh, it looks like the commenting feature got changed" and he’d go over and look and and say "yup, it did!" ha ha.
I’m gonna try harder to keep up with my Now Playing list.* Just cleaned up the handful of entries I already had, so I can at least get a consistent format happenin’. I do have a few archived copies of the ancient "What’s on my turntable" page, but I never used to put dates on those, what a shame! It really was very blog-like. I would keep fifty entries on a page and just rotate the list whenever I played something new. Maybe I can just fudge and put up a few snapshots of the old pages, based on the dates they were archived?
* UPDATE: Once I started using Audioscrobbler/Last.fm, I more or less abandoned the concept of a hand-edited Now Playing list. I hadn’t made that many entries to warrant a full category, so I just folded them into the Featured Links list.