Archive for the tag "glasses"
- Groovy new glasses on order, coming next week. I can’t wait! My current lenses are scratched-up to hell & now 10x more annoying than before. #
- In 11 hours I’ll be getting an eye exam for new glasses. I predict I’m slightly less farsighted than I was at the last checkup, 3 years ago. #
- Once again, because there’s no candy in the house, I have to settle for Viactiv. #
- I look at the world with my head cocked to the right because of the astigmatism in my right eye. Trying to get the left one closer to you. #
- OMFG. Daddy wants to know if I’ve read Snow Crash. He’s halfway through, and he likes it! I didn’t even tell him! This is a little too w … #
- …weird! Why did PocketTweets cut me off? #
- Krazy Kindle lady says I’m an angel. :-D God, I should’ve bought it from her and not said anything but I don’t have an extra $400 to blow. #
- It’s official, we can now use Amazon gift cards to get Kindle books. Direct gifting and wish-listing coming soon, one would think. #
- Depressed about Xmas. Got one good present for Wil but I’m on such a tight budget, that’s all I could afford. What about everyone else? Ugh. #
- (Knowing what I know about that word, I shouldn’t be saying I’m “depressed”. I’m not depressed, just disappointed in my poor money skills.) #
- @BluesBro: I know exactly what you mean. I just want to give more to my loved ones, period. All the time. #
My glasses are six years old so I finally broke down and ordered a new pair. They’ll be ready in 3-5 business days, I can’t wait! They’re more square-ish than the old ones and come with neat-o magnetic clip-on sunglasses. Just so I won’t lose it, my new prescription is as follows:
It’s pretty much the same as it always was: I’m still far-sighted, and my left eye’s perfect but the right one’s really fucked-up with astigmatism. Which is why my glasses usually tilt to the right and make me look like a tard.
Just read an interesting article on Rembrandt’s alleged lack of stereoscopic vision; supposedly it might have made it easier for him to depict a three-dimensional scene on a flat surface. Maybe I should try doodling more often ‘cuz I have that problem too! One of my eyes is severely astigmatic, the other is nearly perfect. My brain only uses the good eye so I can’t perceive 3D-ness when looking at Viewmaster reels, etc. But I reckon I must get my depth-perception somehow or I wouldn’t be able to juggle clubs without my glasses on.
(via Boing Boing)
Note: This is a journal entry — it was written on paper or on my computer, then transferred to my website, maybe years later.
I spent the entire day yesterday thinking it was Wednesday and how that typing lady was supposed to call me back and give me the job-or-no-job verdict. Well, now it really is Wednesday and she never called anyway.
Anyhow, Melissa finally called me today, and now I’m not so sure. She’s definitely coming back for the first week in September, which seems just around the corner. She’s all enthusiastic about us working together in the music department, really kicking some butt. And Danny totally wants me to stay, it’s like unthinkable for me to leave. So I told him flat out that I needed to know, one way or another, and soon, so I can "start" (ha ha) to look for something else. I also said I needed more money.