To catch up a little with my blogging, here are just a few highlights from the past few weeks:
- Playing a really fun show with Eric @ Mother Fool’s in Madison
- Seeing the Wisconsin Dells for the first time driving around at two in the morning during off-season
- Bottle of wine at the top of the Hyatt in downtown Dallas (the one with the big ball on top)
- SXSW — seeing Michelle Shocked, Harvey Sid Fisher and the Ditty Bops, among others
- Seeing Mama, Lucie, Marshall, Lilly, Lindy, Mimo, Uncle Dan, Lee & Lisa… anybody else I forgot?
- My own SXSW showcase
- Feasting w/ Eric @ Golden Corral in Texarkana
- Back in Chicago, seeing Blackbird‘s Patty Red Pants at the Chopin
- A wonderful lazy Easter weekend with you-know-who, starting with an off-the-cuff dinner at Mi Tierra
Low point of our Austin trip: Taking Eric to the top of Mount Bonnell and finding a BUILDING under construction up there, WTF!?!?
Tonight (=last night) we saw the movie Heat at the Gene Siskel Center. Fuckin’ awesome — almost three hours long but I never thought about the time.