Archive for the tag "wtf"
This sounds like an article out of the Onion
- Edith Frost met this couple in Chicago, at Mr. Kites on State St.
(via Ice Cream People)
- Thank you Lord for watering our garden, with your tears. #
- The Unicorn Kingdom Club and Legend of the Unicorn Kingdom (via Metafilter)
- Carlos Santana shreds, Steve Vai shreds and Steve Vai shreds in Denver (courtesy of Goh Nakamura)
- Nice. I just performed some monkey business on .htaccess, to redirect my crufty ol’ URLs to the proper new pages. And I didn’t bork it up. #
- Well then! I guess I’ve just dispensed with the www in my url. .htaccess is truly truly outrageous! #
- Huh. iPhone is no longer offering to delete a video after I’ve watched it. I liked that feature, I want it back. #
- I am almost incapable of typing the word "edit" without an h on the end. Even "edition" sometime comes out as "edithion". #
- I Am Married to the Berlin Wall (via WFMU)
An elderly and apparently homeless woman passes me on the sidewalk today, looks me right in the eye and earnestly mumbles something. All I caught was: "Maple syrup! Sweet syrup ONLY." I smile, shrug and keep on going. WTF?!
Since it’s my birthday, and just to say thanks for waiting so long for new music from me, I’d like to give y’all a present! It’s an outtake from the IT’S A GAME sessions. I hope you like it. :-) Believe me, the actual album sounds a whoooooooole helluva lot better than this, hoo-wee! But it’s just too fuckin’ funny not to share.
I found this note under my windshield wiper today… I guess it must have been there on Friday night and I just didn’t notice until now. I was feeling pretty blah so it kinda brightened my day. :-) I think God oughta send me more of these notes, and while He’s at it ask me out, like maybe to the movies or roller skating. Unless God is Sarah being a prankster, in which case the latter choice will be fine. Heheh.
Been meaning to draw up a list of sex-fetish sites that crack me up. They don’t turn me on, don’t worry, I just think they’re funny. Warning: some of these may be NSFW… over 18 only please!
The most disturbing one I can think of though, is the one about dolphin sex. But it’s just too grody for me to link to here, you’ll have to google it yourself. I’m pretty sure it’s a hoax though, it just has to be!
Note: This is a journal entry — it was written on paper or on my computer, then transferred to my website, maybe years later.
Wow, what a weird day (=yesterday). We had breakfast in the morning at the university, and I had time enough to run around the corner and get a half-hour in an internet cafe to check my mail and post a little blog entry. We took off about ten and headed out to Caceres.
We drove until about 2PM and then stopped for lunch at a place that looked like it was frequented by truckers. Bad idea!!!!!! We sat down and the waiter wouldn’t give us a menu. He told us we had maybe two choices… soup or salad for starters, and a choice of "chuletas" (chops) or some other kind of meat for the main meal. We asked for the chuletas. Andy got salad, which didn’t look half bad, but Ryan and I got the soup, which was very bland… mostly salt-water and a few noodles. Then came the meat. The waiter brought out a big platter of little miniature pork chops, but it was different; we weren’t going to ask what kind of meat it was. It was tasty enough but it had lots of gristle; I had a hard time getting much meat out of 5 or 6 little chops. I was a little bit revolted by it but Ryan and Andy seemed to think it was okay.
I have a question about the word TRUXTER as I found it on your website.
I quote the bit:
Stomp & Stammer, February 1999 <…> On her latest release, Telescopic, Edith’s back with more ace musicians including cellist Amy Domingues (who’s played with Tsunami), violinist Jean Cook, and an uncredited Neil Hagerty of Royal Trux. Surprised? Well hold onto your fannies, because Hagerty and fellow Truxter Jennifer Herrema
Please what does “Truxter” stand for?